Whatever the season, nature offers wonderfully delicious fruits to be enjoyed. So I tried to create a creamy dressing for all seasons using honey and ginger. This winter fruit salad stars persimmons and pomegranates--and a fruit for all seasons, a Bartlett pear. Serves 4.
Four steps to remove persimmons seeds:
Ingredients for fruits:
- 3 persimmons, ripe (slightly indents when pressed with a finger) and sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 (or more) Bartlett pear, washed, cored and sliced (Leave the skin on.)
Ingredients for creamy honey and ginger dressing, yields 3/4 cups:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Miracle Whip, light (or mayonnaise)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1" ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 zest from a lemon (optional)
Store honey and ginger dressing in a tight container in the refrigerator. Flavors should remain fresh for about week.
Slightly toss all fruits in a bowl. Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dressing to fruit mixture. Serve chilled.
Other fruit serving suggestions are mangoes, apples and papayas.