This decadent brandy Alexander commands the rich flavors of thick and lumpy vanilla ice cream, brandy and crème de coco. Two sticks of chocolate hazelnut crème de Pirouline are added to help scoop out that brandy rich ice cream. For garnish, a dark chocolate cacao and of course a lovely stem red cherry is added. As in this picture, the recipe yields 16 oz for one high ball glass.
Ingredients for Ice Creme Brandy Alexander:
- 2 small cubes of ice
- 1 - 2 oz shot of brandy
- 1 - 1 oz shot of crème de Cacao liqueur
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream (Be sure to get a creamy rich vanilla ice cream, not that anemic white vanilla ice cream!)
- 2 sticks of chocolate hazelnut crème de Pirouline
- 1 cherry on a stem
Blender and a high ball glass (Or as noted in the options below, 2 martini-like glasses.)
Toss 2 small cubes of ice in a blender. On the "chop" setting, chop the ice by pulsing about 5 times. What you want are small pieces of ice--not big chunks. Add 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream, brandy and the crème de Cacao liqueur. Again, on the "chop" setting, pulse about 4-5 times. The mixture should be thick and lumpy, not a liquid.
Pour the ice cream brandy Alexander into a 16 oz high ball glass. Add 2 piroulines, then top with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Garnish with dark chocolate cacao and a cherry.
- Split the ingredients by pouring them into 2 martini glasses (or similar shaped glasses). Add a small scoop of ice cream and continue with the finishing touches.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg rather than cacao.
Tried it? Plan to? Let me know in the comment section below. Really!