Anxiety is a normal part of life, but sometimes it can become so overwhelming that it affects your daily life. If you’re dealing with anxiety and want to learn how to manage it better, this blog is for you!
Focus On The Present Moment
One of the best ways to calm down your anxiety is by focusing on what you’re doing right now. This can be as simple as taking a deep breath, or it could be something more complex like going for a walk or cleaning your room.
If you’re having trouble focusing on anything other than your anxious thoughts, try some of these tips:
• Focus on one thing at a time (e.g., just focus on breathing).
• Repeat positive affirmations in your head (e.g., “I am calm”).
• Look around and notice all the things around you that make up reality right now–the chair beneath you, how warm it feels against your skin; look at pictures hanging on walls; listen closely to sounds around you (birds chirping outside).
Try To Find A Way To Distract Yourself
If you’re feeling anxious, try to find a distraction that works for you, says Dr Charles Noplis. The following are some ideas:
• Listen to music or watch TV
• Read a book or magazine
• Do some exercise (walking, running, yoga)
If none of these things appeal to you, there are many other activities that could be helpful in distracting yourself from your worries and anxieties. Meditation is one option; another might be taking up painting or photography – something creative which requires focus on the present moment rather than what might happen in the future.
Don’t Let Negative Thoughts Take Over Your Mind
The next time you feel anxiety creeping up on you, take a moment to breathe deeply. You can also focus on your breathing and count the breaths in and out to help calm down.
• Don’t let negative thoughts take over your mind.
• Don’t worry about what you can’t control, such as other people’s actions or the past or future. Focus on the present moment instead! Click here Dr Charles Noplis.