As an Addiction Medicine Physician, they specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of substance abuse and addiction-related disorders. They are dedicated to providing comprehensive, evidence-based care to individuals and families affected by addiction. Addiction is a complex, chronic brain disorder that affects physical, psychological, and social functioning. It is not a moral failing, rather a chronic medical condition that needs to be addressed with evidence-based treatment and support.
Unfortunately, the medical field has not traditionally had a good understanding of this disorder and has not always responded with the proper treatment and resources. As an Addiction Medicine Physician, Julian Mitton, MD is uniquely qualified to diagnose and treat addiction, as well as help individuals and families affected by it.
They utilize an integrated approach to care that involves evidence-based treatment and a strong emphasis on prevention. Their goal is to provide effective, compassionate, and comprehensive care to those struggling with addiction. Their approach to care involves:
• Evaluating and treating physical, psychological, and social factors associated with addiction
• Providing evidence-based treatment such as medication management, psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and support groups
• Working collaboratively with other providers and community resources
• Developing an individualized treatment plan based on each patient’s unique needs
• Providing follow-up care and referrals, they specialize in the treatment of substance use disorders as well as addiction-related disorders such as anxiety, depression, and trauma.
They also have experience working with individuals with a dual diagnosis of mental health Julian Mitton, MD and substance use disorder. They have extensive experience treating patients of all ages, including adolescents and young adults. They are committed to providing evidence-based and compassionate care to those affected by addiction. They believe in the importance of prevention, early intervention, and comprehensive treatment in order to achieve the best outcomes for individuals and families. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, please do not hesitate to contact them to discuss your treatment options.